Job Type: Contract Position, in-person
Duration of project: January to April 2023
Location: East Scarborough
Call Open Until: December 15th, 2022
About Community Arts Guild:
The Community Arts Guild is a non-profit arts organization in East Scarborough that builds collaborations between professional artists and people with different levels of artistic skill, experience, and confidence, using art as a means to build community. We make art to realize creative potential and form new connections and understanding.
About the Sewing Room:
The Sewing Room aims to increase access to art activities for residents in East Scarborough through offering free sewing workshops led by professional artists; sharing skills, materials, and supporting the creation of an art and textile-based project by each participant. The program will focus on sewing tutorials, and a final project that will be featured in our gallery show.
- Lead Sewing Facilitator, $25/hr, 2 days/week, 10 weeks
In collaboration with the Program Manager, the Sewing Facilitator will be primarily responsible for prepping and facilitating each workshop, guiding and supporting participants in the creation of artwork, supervising and communicating with Sewing Room Assistant and guest artists, and contributing to program documentation and evaluation.
- Sewing Room Assistant, $20/hr, 2 days/week, 10 weeks
The Sewing Room Assistant will help with workshop preparation, set-up and teardown, participant engagement and support, workshop statistics, and program documentation and evaluation.
- Experience and/or training in Fashion, Costume, Visual Arts, or Technical Theatre, or a proven experience and interest in art making, sewing or textile arts
- Experience with workshop facilitation, in both leading and supporting roles
- Self-directed and reliable
- Organized, good attention to detail
- Comfortable working in-person
- Familiar with different virtual meeting platforms (e.g. Zoom) is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, enjoys working with people
- Respect for diverse people and communities, committed to working towards inclusion and equity
How to apply:
Please email one PDF document with answers to: email@example.com
- Cover letter stating preferred role
- CV or resume
- Examples of your work
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contact us if you require accommodations in the interview/hiring process.